Telephone: 0300 012 0239

Calls will usually be returned within 72 hours but it may be longer during busy periods and public holidays.

You have two options to contact us. If you opt to email us then please let us know your preferred contact method for reply – email or phone (and an indication of the best time of day to call if appropriate).

 If a consumer has a complaint about one of our members they must firstly complain to the member concerned, using that member’s published complaints procedure. Where the complaint concerns the advice or service provided by a solicitor or surveyor, failing an acceptable resolution via the firm, the complaint should then be raised with the appropriate regulatory body.

If a consumer remains dissatisfied and they believe they have suffered financial or other detriment as a result of a member failing to comply with the Council’s rules and guidance (or those of its predecessor organisation, SHIP) that were in place at the time of the alleged breach, the Council’s free complaints service is available.

Before making a complaint consumers must ensure that they have read the Council’s complaints and disciplinary process.

The Equity Release Council, formerly Safe Home Income Plans is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England No 2884568. The company is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and is therefore unable to offer advice.

Contact Form