UPTON FINANCIAL ADVICE
For many people, their property is their biggest asset. Unlocking this value via equity release is an option being considered by an increasing number of over 55s as a way to help financially plan for retirement. Equity can be released via a lump sum or in stages via drawdown to help provide an additional source of funds or income in later life, with a growing choice of product features and flexibilities.
Upton Financial Advice offers Independent lifetime mortgage advice on Lifetime Mortgage options for Equity Release purposes only, all our products offer two very important guarantees:-
- A guaranteed right to remain living in the property that you have released equity from, either for life or until you need to go into long term care.
- No Negative Equity Guarantee- which essentially guarantees that the amount to repay the equity release plan on death or entry into long term care can never exceed the value of the property itself, and so no debt can ever be left behind for your beneficiaries from the equity release plan.
WHAT CAN EQUITY RELEASE BE USED FOR?
Equity release can be used for a variety of purposes.
These can include: -
- Adapting / improving your home to enable you to remain living in it independently for longer
- Paying off debts, such as outstanding mortgages, credit cards or personal loans
- Paying for help around the home, including domiciliary social care
- Purchasing a new car or other ‘large ticket’ item
- Providing financial assistance to your children and grandchildren – perhaps with a deposit on a house or to help them through university
A lifetime mortgage is a long term commitment which could accumulate interest and is secured against your home. Equity release is not right for everyone and may reduce the value of your estate
Initial discussions are held on a no fee basis, in order to establish your needs and ensure Equity Release is right for you before incurring any cost.