Terms and Conditions for use of the Equity Release Council Logo
The Council and SHIP logos are registered UK service marks (also known as registered marks) with numbers 2618988 and 2330068 respectively.
Copyright subsists in The Council and SHIP logos.
Permission to use the logos
Members of The Council are permitted to use the relevant logo as part of a statement by that member in a letter (or electronic equivalent) or promotional material subject to the following conditions:
- The logo is reproduced at no greater size than 50mm x 50mm.
- The logo is not redrawn in any way or matched by a typesetter
- If the logo is reproduced electronically, the only hyperlink allowed is to the Equity Release Council Website www.equityreleasecouncil.com
- The logo may only be reproduced using ‘CMYK Four Colour Process’
- Any reproduction is sent to ERC for review of use and suitability
The letter or other material should not:
- Imply that The Council is endorsing the member or its products, services or communications beyond the statement that SHIP standards and the statement of principles are being adhered to
- Misrepresent the member’s relationship with The Council or present false information about The Council
- Contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial
- Infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or otherwise not comply with any relevant law or regulation
The Council may alter or revoke this permission at any time [by giving a minimum two months’ notice on The Equity Release Council’s website].
This permission is governed by and interpreted in the light of English law. Only registered members of the Equity Release Council are allowed to claim they are members of The Council and use the logo. Spot checks will be carried out. If permission is breached, membership of The Council and permission to use the Council logo will be revoked. The courts of any jurisdiction in the United Kingdom have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute in connection with this permission.